Dancing auditions for kids in Affton are for kids that perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform difficult routines they watch on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Affton and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Affton: Preparation
Before the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase your chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Affton normally require dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research information about the audition. Here are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, commercial, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Affton could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers increase stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Rest. Resting is always a good rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Get a good night’s rest every night for a week prior to the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of an audition not only gives you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Affton take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are typically very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Affton, Missouri
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Affton
Everyone has become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Affton are not so extravagant. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Affton reviewed by Ryan Bedgood
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“After creating a new account, I instantly got access to dancing auditions in our location. My child was auditioning within 2 weeks!”