Dancing auditions for kids in Agawam are designed to find kids that perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complex routines they like on the internet and TV? They may be a natural! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Agawam and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Agawam: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are several things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Agawam normally demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research as much information about the audition as possible. Here are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Dress code (jeans or leotard)
- Type of production (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Agawam can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers increase their stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it’s important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not just dance.
Resting. Getting rest is generally a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well every night for a week prior to an audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition will not only give your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Agawam are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are normally very detailed, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s common to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Agawam, Massachusetts
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Agawam
Everyone has become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Agawam are not so extravagant. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Agawam reviewed by Beatrice Tilson
Registering changed everything!
“Right after opening a new account, I instantly got access to dancing auditions nearby. Our child was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”