Dancing auditions for kids in Albion are for kids that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform challenging routines they like on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural dancer! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Albion and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Albion: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are some steps you can take to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Albion typically demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn all the information about the audition you can. Below are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Dress code (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Type of production (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Albion can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers build their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to many different kinds of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Rest. Being rested is always a good rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well every night for the week prior to the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of the audition will not only give your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Albion take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very specific, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s common to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Albion, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Albion
Everyone has become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Albion are not so fancy. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Albion reviewed by Christopher Modlin
I Highly Recommend this Service!
“Right after signing up for an account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was at auditions within 1 week!”