Dancing auditions for kids in Alum Rock are designed to find children that perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complex dance routines they like on the internet and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Alum Rock and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Alum Rock: Preparing
Prior to the audition there are a couple things you can do to increase your chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Alum Rock usually require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research details about the audition. Here are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or leotard)
- Production type (play, commercial, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Alum Rock will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build up stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it is important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not just dance.
Resting. Getting rest is a general rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well each night the week prior to an audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before the audition not only gives your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Alum Rock take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are usually very specific, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Alum Rock, California
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Alum Rock
We’ve all become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Alum Rock are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Alum Rock reviewed by Ailene Picou
Signing Up changed everything!
“Immediately after opening a new account, I instantly had access to auditions nearby. Our child was auditioning within 2 weeks!”