Dancing auditions for kids in Annandale are designed to find children that perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform difficult dance routines they see on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Annandale and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Annandale: How to Prepare
Before the audition there are a few things you can do to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Annandale typically require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn details about the audition. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Annandale can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not only dancing.
Resting. Resting is always a good rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well each night for the week prior to an audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of an audition will not only give you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in Annandale are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Annandale, Virginia
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Annandale
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, many dancing auditions for kids in Annandale are not so glamorous. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Annandale reviewed by Farah Mickle
Registering changed our lives!
“Immediately after registering a new account, We immediately got access to dancing auditions nearby. Our kid was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”