Dancing auditions for kids in Arcadia are designed to find children who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complicated dance routines they watch on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Arcadia and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Arcadia: Preparing
Prior to the audition there are a few steps you can take to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Arcadia normally require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn as much information about the audition as possible. Below are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production (commercial, play, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Arcadia will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers build up stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it is important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not just dance practice.
Resting. Being rested is generally a good rule, but especially important when you need to focus and be at your best. Get enough rest each night for the week before an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition will not only give you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Arcadia take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are typically very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Arcadia, California
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Arcadia
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Arcadia are not so extravagant. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Arcadia reviewed by Maryland Sulser
I Highly Recommend this Service!
“Immediately after creating an account, We instantly got access to auditions in our location. My child was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”