Dancing auditions for kids in Athens are designed for children who can already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn complicated routines they find on the internet and TV? They may have natural talent! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Athens and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Athens: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are several things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Athens normally demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather as much information about the audition as possible. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code (leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, play, commercial?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Athens could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build up their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of activities. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not solely dance.
Resting. Being rested is a general rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well each night for a week prior to an audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before the audition not only gives you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in Athens take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s natural to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Athens, Tennessee
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Athens
We’ve all become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in Athens are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Athens reviewed by Morris Naylor
I Highly Recommend this Site!
“After signing up for an account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was auditioning within 1 week!”