Dancing auditions for kids in Augusta are designed to find children who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly learn and perform difficult dance routines they watch on TV and YouTube? They may have natural talent! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Augusta and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Augusta: Preparing
Before the audition there are a few steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Augusta normally demand dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn all the details about the audition as possible. These are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production (movie, commercial, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Augusta will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers increase stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not solely dancing.
Resting. Being rested is always a good rule, but especially important when you need to focus and be at your best. Get a good night’s rest every night the week before an audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition will not only give your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Augusta take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the routine.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are typically very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s natural to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Augusta, Georgia
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Augusta
Everyone has become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Augusta are not so fancy. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Augusta reviewed by Jesenia Duvall
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Service!
“After creating a new account, I immediately gained access to dancing auditions in our location. Our child was auditioning within 1 week!”