Dancing auditions for kids in Austin are designed to find kids that perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn complex routines they find on the internet and TV? They may be a natural! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Austin and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Austin: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are several steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Austin typically demand dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn all the details about the audition you can. Below are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (leotard or jeans?)
- Production type (movie, play, commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Austin could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers increase stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it is important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not only dancing.
Rest Up. Being rested is generally a good rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well every night for the week before the audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion overnight.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of the audition will not only give you energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Austin are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are typically very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Austin, Minnesota
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Austin
We’ve all become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Austin are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Austin reviewed by Sachiko Kowal
Registering changed everything!
“After signing up for an account, I immediately had access to auditions in our location. Our kid was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”