Dancing auditions for kids in Bastrop are designed for kids that perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform difficult dance routines they watch on YouTube and TV? They may have natural talent! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Bastrop and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Bastrop: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Bastrop usually demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather details about the audition. Here are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Type of production (movie, commercial, or play?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Bastrop will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers build up their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not only dance.
Rest Up. Being rested is always a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Get a good night’s rest every night the week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of the audition will not only give your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Bastrop are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are normally very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s common to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Bastrop, Texas
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Bastrop
We’ve all become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Bastrop are not so extravagant. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Bastrop reviewed by Shakita Nutting
Signing Up changed everything!
“Right after registering a new account, We immediately got access to dancing auditions nearby. Our child was doing auditions within 1 week!”