Dancing auditions for kids in Bellwood are designed to find children who can already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform challenging dance routines they see on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Bellwood and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Bellwood: Preparing
Prior to the day of the audition there are a few things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Bellwood normally demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather information about the audition. Here are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Bellwood will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build up stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it is important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not just dance practice.
Resting. Resting is a general rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Sleep well every night the week prior to an audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of the audition will not only give your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Bellwood are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s common to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Bellwood, Illinois
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Bellwood
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, many dancing auditions for kids in Bellwood are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Bellwood reviewed by Bernardina Westervelt
Registering changed our lives!
“Immediately after signing up for an account, I immediately got access to dancing auditions in the area. My child was auditioning within 3 weeks!”