Dancing auditions for kids in Berkeley are designed for kids who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform complex dance routines they find on TV and YouTube? They may have natural talent! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Berkeley and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Berkeley: How to Prepare
Before the day of the audition there are a few steps you can take to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Berkeley typically demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn as much details about the audition you can. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Production type (movie, commercial, or play?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Berkeley could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build their stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it is important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not only dance.
Rest Up. Getting rest is generally a good rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Get a good night’s rest every night for a week prior to the audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives you energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in Berkeley are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the routine.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very detailed, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Berkeley, Missouri
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Berkeley
Everyone has become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Berkeley are not so extravagant. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Berkeley reviewed by Erna Kung
Signing Up changed everything!
“After registering a new account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. My child was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”