Dancing auditions for kids in Bloomfield Township are designed for children who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform difficult routines they find on TV and YouTube? They may have natural talent! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Bloomfield Township and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Bloomfield Township: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are a couple things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Bloomfield Township usually require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research all the details about the audition you can. Here are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Bloomfield Township can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers build their stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Resting. Being rested is a general rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get a good night’s rest every night the week prior to an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition will not only give you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The team holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Bloomfield Township are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are typically very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Bloomfield Township, Michigan
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Bloomfield Township
We’ve all become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Bloomfield Township are not so fancy. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Bloomfield Township reviewed by Coralie Skerrett
I Love this Service!
“Right after opening a new account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was at auditions within 3 weeks!”