Dancing auditions for kids in Bloomingdale are for children who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly learn and perform difficult routines they find on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Bloomingdale and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Bloomingdale: Preparing
Prior to the audition there are a few things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Bloomingdale normally require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research all the details about the audition as possible. Here are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Production type (movie, commercial, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Bloomingdale can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers build up stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Rest Up. Resting is always a good rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well every night the week prior to an audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before the audition not only gives your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Bloomingdale take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are normally very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s common to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Bloomingdale, Florida
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Bloomingdale
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Bloomingdale are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Bloomingdale reviewed by Cesar Buskirk
I Love this Site!
“After opening an account, We instantly gained access to dancing auditions nearby. My child was auditioning within 1 week!”