Dancing auditions for kids in Bonney Lake are for kids that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complicated routines they like on TV and the internet? They may be a natural dancer! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Bonney Lake and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Bonney Lake: How to Prepare
Before the audition there are a couple steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Bonney Lake typically require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather information about the audition. These are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or leotard)
- Production type (play, commercial, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Bonney Lake can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers build stamina. Kids naturally do these types of activities. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not only dance.
Rest. Being rested is a general rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well each night for a week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before your audition not only gives you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Bonney Lake take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are normally very detailed, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Bonney Lake, Washington
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Bonney Lake
Everyone has become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Bonney Lake are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Bonney Lake reviewed by Percy Zamzow
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“Immediately after creating an account, We instantly got access to dancing auditions nearby. Our child was at auditions within 1 week!”