Dancing auditions for kids in Brandon are for kids that perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform complicated routines they watch on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Brandon and some tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Brandon: Preparation
Before the audition there are a couple steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Brandon usually demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Learn details about the audition. Here are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Dress code (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Brandon can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers increase their stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it’s important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not just dance.
Resting. Resting is generally a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well each night for the week before an audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition not only gives you energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The team holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Brandon are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are normally very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, there is a tendency to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Brandon, Florida
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Brandon
We’ve all become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Brandon are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Brandon reviewed by Kaci Jablonowski
I Highly Recommend this Service!
“Right after signing up for an account, I immediately got access to auditions in the area. Our child was at auditions within 2 weeks!”