Dancing auditions for kids in Brockport are designed for kids that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform difficult routines they watch on TV and YouTube? They may have natural talent! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Brockport and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Brockport: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are some steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Brockport typically demand dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research details about the audition. Here are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, movie, or commercial?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Brockport will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build their stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not solely dance.
Resting. Being rested is a general rule, but especially important when you need to focus and be at your best. Sleep well every night the week prior to an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition will not only give you energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Brockport are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of other people, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Brockport, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Brockport
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, many dancing auditions for kids in Brockport are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Brockport reviewed by Werner Sturman
Signing Up changed everything!
“After opening a new account, I immediately had access to auditions in our location. My kid was at auditions within 1 week!”