Dancing auditions for kids in Cameron Park are for kids that perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn difficult dance routines they find on TV and the internet? They may be a natural dancer! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Cameron Park and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Cameron Park: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase your chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Cameron Park usually require dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn all the information about the audition as possible. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or leotard)
- Production type (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Cameron Park could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it is important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not solely dance.
Rest Up. Resting is generally a good rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well every night the week prior to an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion overnight.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition will not only give your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Cameron Park take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are usually very specific, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Cameron Park, Texas
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Cameron Park
We’ve all become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Cameron Park are not so extravagant. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Cameron Park reviewed by Jacqulyn Mcneeley
Registering changed everything!
“Immediately after registering an account, I immediately gained access to dancing auditions in the area. Our child was auditioning within 2 weeks!”