Dancing auditions for kids in Candler are designed to find kids who can already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform difficult dance routines they watch on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Candler and some tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Candler: Preparation
Before the audition there are several things you can do to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Candler typically demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research as much information about the audition as possible. These are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Candler can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build their stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not only dance.
Rest. Getting rest is a general rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Get sufficient rest every night for the week before an audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of an audition not only gives your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Candler are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are typically very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of other people, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Candler, Georgia
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Candler
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in Candler are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Candler reviewed by Zackary Berglund
Signing Up changed our lives!
“After signing up for a new account, I instantly gained access to auditions nearby. My child was auditioning within 1 week!”