Dancing auditions for kids in Central Islip are designed to find kids who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform difficult routines they see on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Central Islip and some tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Central Islip: Preparation
Prior to the audition there are a couple things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Central Islip normally require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather as much details about the audition as possible. These are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Central Islip could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers increase stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it is important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not just dance.
Rest. Getting rest is generally a good rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get enough rest every night for the week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of the audition will not only give your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Central Islip take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Central Islip, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Central Islip
We’ve all become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Central Islip are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Central Islip reviewed by Jeni Nakamoto
Registering changed everything!
“Immediately after registering a new account, We started getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”