Dancing auditions for kids in Central Shasta are designed for kids that perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform complex routines they watch on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Central Shasta and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Central Shasta: Preparing
Before the day of the audition there are a few steps you can take to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Central Shasta typically demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research information about the audition. Below are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Central Shasta will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build up their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not only dance.
Rest Up. Resting is generally a good rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well each night for a week before an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before the audition will not only give your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Central Shasta are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s natural to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Central Shasta, California
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Central Shasta
We’ve all become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, many dancing auditions for kids in Central Shasta are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Central Shasta reviewed by Piedad Hurd
Signing Up changed everything!
“After registering a new account, I instantly got access to auditions in the area. Our kid was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”