Dancing auditions for kids in Centralia are designed for kids that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn difficult routines they see on TV and the internet? They may be a natural dancer! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Centralia and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Centralia: Preparation
Prior to the audition there are a couple things you can do to increase your chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Centralia normally require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Research information about the audition. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Type of production (movie, commercial, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Centralia could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers increase their stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not just dancing.
Rest Up. Resting is always a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well each night for the week prior to the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before the audition will not only give you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Centralia are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are typically very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Centralia, Illinois
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Centralia
Everyone has become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, many dancing auditions for kids in Centralia are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Centralia reviewed by Christi Hedstrom
I Love this Service!
“Right after creating an account, We started getting access to auditions immediately. My child was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”