Dancing auditions for kids in Chehalis are for children that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn challenging routines they find on the internet and TV? They may have natural talent! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Chehalis and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Chehalis: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are a few steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Chehalis typically demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Learn details about the audition. These are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production (commercial, play, or movie?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Chehalis can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers build their stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not solely dancing.
Rest Up. Resting is generally a good rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well every night the week prior to an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition will not only give your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Chehalis are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are normally very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s common to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Chehalis, Washington
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Chehalis
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Chehalis are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Chehalis reviewed by Mao Meares
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“Immediately after creating a new account, We instantly got access to auditions in the area. My kid was auditioning within 2 weeks!”