Dancing auditions for kids in Cheshire are for kids who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform difficult routines they see on the internet and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Cheshire and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Cheshire: How to Prepare
Before the day of the audition there are some steps you can take to improve your performance and increase your chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Cheshire normally demand dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn all the information about the audition you can. Below are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Cheshire could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers build up their stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not just dancing.
Rest. Being rested is generally a good rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well each night for the week prior to an audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before an audition will not only give your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Cheshire are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are typically very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of other people, it’s natural to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Cheshire, Connecticut
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Cheshire
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Cheshire are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Cheshire reviewed by Daniella Chock
I Love this Service!
“After registering a new account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was auditioning within 2 weeks!”