Dancing auditions for kids in Clayton are designed for children who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform complex routines they like on TV and YouTube? They may have natural talent! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Clayton and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Clayton: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are some steps you can take to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Clayton usually require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather details about the audition. These are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Clayton will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers build up stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not solely dance.
Rest. Being rested is a general rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get a good night’s rest each night the week before the audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion in one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of an audition not only gives you energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Clayton are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are typically very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s natural to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Clayton, Missouri
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Clayton
Everyone has become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in Clayton are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Clayton reviewed by Coralie Skerrett
Registering changed everything!
“After opening an account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”