Dancing auditions for kids in Cliffside Park are designed to find kids that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly learn and perform complicated dance routines they like on TV and the internet? They may have natural talent! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Cliffside Park and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Cliffside Park: How to Prepare
Before the audition there are a couple things you can do to increase your chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Cliffside Park normally demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather as much information about the audition as possible. These are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Dress code (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Production type (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Cliffside Park will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers build up their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not only dancing.
Rest Up. Being rested is a general rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Get enough rest every night for a week before an audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of the audition will not only give your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Cliffside Park take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s natural to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Cliffside Park, New Jersey
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Cliffside Park
Everyone has become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Cliffside Park are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Cliffside Park reviewed by Jess Paige
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“Right after opening an account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. My child was doing auditions within 1 week!”