Dancing auditions for kids in Clinton are designed for children who can already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform challenging routines they like on TV and the internet? They may be a natural dancer! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Clinton and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Clinton: How to Prepare
Before the audition there are some things you can do to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Clinton typically require dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Gather as much details about the audition as possible. Here are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Production type (movie, commercial, or play?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Clinton can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers increase their stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it is important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not solely dance.
Rest Up. Resting is a general rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Get enough rest every night for a week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before the audition will not only give your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Clinton are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s common to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Clinton, Oklahoma
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Clinton
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Clinton are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Clinton reviewed by Jeneva Carcamo
I Highly Recommend this Site!
“Right after creating a new account, I immediately had access to dancing auditions nearby. My child was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”