Dancing auditions for kids in Clinton are for kids who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform complex dance routines they like on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Clinton and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Clinton: How to Prepare
Before the audition there are several things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Clinton normally require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather details about the audition. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, play, commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Clinton could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build up their stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Resting. Being rested is a general rule, but especially important when you need to focus and be at your best. Get sufficient rest every night for the week before an audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion overnight.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before an audition will not only give your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The team holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Clinton take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s common to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Clinton, Tennessee
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Clinton
Everyone has become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Clinton are not so extravagant. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Clinton reviewed by Jerrie Real
Registering changed everything!
“After registering an account, We started getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”