Dancing auditions for kids in Comstock Park are designed for children that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn challenging dance routines they see on YouTube and TV? They may have natural talent! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Comstock Park and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Comstock Park: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are a few steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Comstock Park normally require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather as much information about the audition you can. Here are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Dress code (jeans or leotard)
- Production type (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Comstock Park can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers increase their stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it is important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not only dancing.
Rest Up. Getting rest is generally a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well every night for a week prior to an audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before an audition not only gives you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Comstock Park take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Comstock Park, Michigan
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Comstock Park
We’ve all become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, many dancing auditions for kids in Comstock Park are not so glamorous. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Comstock Park reviewed by Sharon Demos
Registering changed everything!
“After opening an account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”