Dancing auditions for kids in Concord are designed for children that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn challenging dance routines they find on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Concord and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Concord: Preparing
Before the day of the audition there are some steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Concord typically demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn as much details about the audition you can. Here are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (leotard or jeans?)
- Production type (movie, play, commercial?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Concord could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build up their stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As parents, it’s important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not just dance.
Rest Up. Being rested is always a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Get sufficient rest every night the week before an audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition will not only give your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The team holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Concord are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Concord, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Concord
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Concord are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Concord reviewed by Devona Wiegand
Signing Up changed everything!
“After signing up for an account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was doing auditions within 1 week!”