Dancing auditions for kids in Creston are designed to find kids who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly learn and perform difficult routines they see on the internet and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Creston and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Creston: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are a few things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Creston normally demand dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Learn details about the audition. Below are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Dress code (jeans and t-shirt or leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Creston can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build up their stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not just dance practice.
Rest Up. Being rested is a general rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Get sufficient rest every night for a week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before the audition will not only give your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Creston take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are typically very specific, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s common to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Creston, Montana
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Creston
We’ve all become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, many dancing auditions for kids in Creston are not so glamorous. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Creston reviewed by Lakesha Pasek
Signing Up changed our lives!
“Immediately after registering a new account, I immediately gained access to auditions in the area. My kid was at auditions within 3 weeks!”