Dancing auditions for kids in Crestwood Village are designed to find children that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform complex dance routines they watch on the internet and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Crestwood Village and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Crestwood Village: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are some steps you can take to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Crestwood Village usually require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn details about the audition. These are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, play, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Crestwood Village can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers increase their stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it is important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not only dance practice.
Resting. Resting is always a good rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Sleep well each night for the week before an audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before the audition will not only give your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in Crestwood Village are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s common to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Crestwood Village, New Jersey
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Crestwood Village
We’ve all become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Crestwood Village are not so glamorous. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Crestwood Village reviewed by Valentina Hersman
I Highly Recommend this Site!
“Right after creating an account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was auditioning within 1 week!”