Dancing auditions for kids in Creve Coeur are designed for children that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn complicated routines they watch on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Creve Coeur and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Creve Coeur: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are some steps you can take to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Creve Coeur normally demand dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Gather as much details about the audition you can. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Dress code (jeans or leotard)
- Type of production (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Creve Coeur could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers increase their stamina. Children do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it is important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not only dance.
Rest Up. Getting rest is always a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Get sufficient rest every night the week before an audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before the audition will not only give you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Creve Coeur are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are normally very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Creve Coeur, Missouri
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Creve Coeur
We’ve all become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Creve Coeur are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Creve Coeur reviewed by Kermit Harlan
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“Right after opening a new account, I instantly gained access to dancing auditions in the area. Our child was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”