Dancing auditions for kids in Davis are designed to find kids that perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform difficult dance routines they see on the internet and TV? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Davis and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Davis: Preparing
Prior to the day of the audition there are a few things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Davis normally demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn as much information about the audition as possible. Here are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Dress code restrictions (leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, commercial, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Davis can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers build their stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not solely dance.
Rest Up. Being rested is generally a good rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well every night the week prior to the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition will not only give your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Davis take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are usually very specific, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s natural to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Davis, California
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Davis
We’ve all become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Davis are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Davis reviewed by Frida Madero
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“Right after registering an account, We immediately gained access to auditions nearby. My child was auditioning within 1 week!”