Dancing auditions for kids in Delaware are designed for children that perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform difficult dance routines they find on TV and YouTube? They may have natural talent! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Delaware and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Delaware: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are some things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Delaware normally require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research as much details about the audition you can. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans and t-shirt or leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, play, commercial?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Delaware could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers increase their stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Resting. Getting rest is always a good rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Get sufficient rest every night the week before the audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Delaware are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of other people, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Delaware, Ohio
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Delaware
We’ve all become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Delaware are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Delaware reviewed by Verlie Hungate
I Highly Recommend this Service!
“After opening an account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”