Dancing auditions for kids in Derry are designed for children that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform complicated routines they watch on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Derry and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Derry: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are a few things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Derry usually demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research all the details about the audition you can. Here are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Derry will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers increase stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to many different kinds of exercise, not just dancing.
Rest. Getting rest is generally a good rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Get sufficient rest every night the week prior to an audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of an audition not only gives your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Derry are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Derry, New Hampshire
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Derry
We’ve all become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Derry are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Derry reviewed by Elanor Colas
I Highly Recommend this Service!
“After signing up for a new account, We immediately gained access to auditions nearby. Our child was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”