Dancing auditions for kids in Dover are for kids who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly learn and perform challenging routines they find on the internet and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Dover and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Dover: How to Prepare
Before the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to improve your performance and increase your chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Dover normally require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn as much details about the audition as possible. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code restrictions (leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, commercial, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Dover will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build up their stamina. Children do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Resting. Getting rest is always a good rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Get enough rest each night the week before the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition will not only give you energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Dover take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are typically very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Dover, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Dover
We’ve all become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Dover are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Dover reviewed by Genny Marchan
I Highly Recommend this Service!
“Immediately after signing up for a new account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was auditioning within 1 week!”