Dancing auditions for kids in Doylestown are for children who can already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform complicated dance routines they see on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Doylestown and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Doylestown: Preparing
Prior to the audition there are several steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Doylestown typically demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather details about the audition. These are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Production type (commercial, movie, or play?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Doylestown can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build their stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not solely dancing.
Rest. Resting is a general rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well every night the week prior to the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition not only gives you energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Doylestown are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t go to the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Doylestown
Everyone has become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Doylestown are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Doylestown reviewed by Zackary Berglund
Signing Up changed everything!
“Immediately after registering an account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was at auditions within 1 week!”