Dancing auditions for kids in Eagle are designed for kids who can perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complex routines they watch on the internet and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Eagle and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Eagle: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are a few steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Eagle normally require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather details about the audition. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Production type (play, movie, or commercial?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Eagle will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build up their stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Rest. Getting rest is generally a good rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well every night for the week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition not only gives you energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Eagle are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s natural to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Eagle, Idaho
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Eagle
Everyone has become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Eagle are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Eagle reviewed by Cherri Diller
Signing Up changed our lives!
“Immediately after creating a new account, We started getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was auditioning within 1 week!”