Dancing auditions for kids in East Chicago are designed to find kids that perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform challenging routines they find on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in East Chicago and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in East Chicago: How to Prepare
Before the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in East Chicago usually require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather details about the audition. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code (leotard or jeans?)
- Production type (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in East Chicago can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it’s important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Rest. Resting is generally a good rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get sufficient rest every night the week before an audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before your audition not only gives you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in East Chicago take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of other people, it’s common to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in East Chicago, Indiana
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in East Chicago
Everyone has become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in East Chicago are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in East Chicago reviewed by Cherri Diller
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Service!
“After creating an account, We immediately had access to dancing auditions in the area. Our kid was doing auditions within 1 week!”