Dancing auditions for kids in East Hills are for kids that perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complex routines they find on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in East Hills and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in East Hills: Preparing
Prior to the day of the audition there are a few steps you can take to increase your chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in East Hills usually demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Research as much details about the audition you can. Here are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in East Hills can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build up stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not only dancing.
Rest Up. Getting rest is a general rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get a good night’s rest each night the week before an audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition will not only give you energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in East Hills are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are typically very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of other people, there is a tendency to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in East Hills, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in East Hills
Everyone has become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in East Hills are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in East Hills reviewed by Alishia Hauser
I Highly Recommend this Service!
“After creating an account, I instantly had access to dancing auditions in our location. My kid was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”