Dancing auditions for kids in East Lyme are for children who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly perform and learn complex dance routines they find on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in East Lyme and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in East Lyme: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in East Lyme usually demand dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research all the information about the audition as possible. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Production type (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in East Lyme can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build up stamina. Children do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it’s important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not just dance practice.
Resting. Getting rest is a general rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Get sufficient rest each night the week before an audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition not only gives you energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in East Lyme are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are normally very detailed, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s common to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in East Lyme, Connecticut
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in East Lyme
We’ve all become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in East Lyme are not so extravagant. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in East Lyme reviewed by Jenelle Provenzano
I Love this Site!
“Immediately after creating an account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was at auditions within 1 week!”