Dancing auditions for kids in Eastlake are for kids that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform complicated routines they watch on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Eastlake and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Eastlake: Preparing
Before the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Eastlake usually demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research information about the audition. Below are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production (commercial, play, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Eastlake can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers build up stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Resting. Being rested is always a good rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well every night the week before an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Eastlake are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of other people, it’s common to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Eastlake, Ohio
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Eastlake
Everyone has become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Eastlake are not so glamorous. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Eastlake reviewed by Lovie Portugal
Signing Up changed everything!
“After registering an account, We immediately had access to dancing auditions in our location. Our kid was auditioning within 3 weeks!”