Dancing auditions for kids in Edina are designed to find kids who can already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform challenging dance routines they find on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural dancer! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Edina and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Edina: How to Prepare
Before the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Edina normally require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather as much information about the audition as possible. These are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production (movie, commercial, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Edina could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers increase stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it is important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Rest Up. Getting rest is always a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Get a good night’s rest every night for the week prior to an audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of the audition not only gives you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Edina are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s natural to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Edina, Minnesota
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Edina
Everyone has become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Edina are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Edina reviewed by Ezekiel Edmonds
I Highly Recommend this Site!
“Right after creating a new account, I immediately got access to dancing auditions nearby. My child was doing auditions within 1 week!”