Dancing auditions for kids in Edwards AFB are designed for children who can already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly perform and learn complicated routines they watch on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Edwards AFB and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Edwards AFB: Preparing
Before the day of the audition there are some steps you can take to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Edwards AFB usually demand dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research as much information about the audition you can. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Production type (commercial, play, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Edwards AFB will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build up stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it is important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not only dance.
Rest. Being rested is always a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well every night for a week before the audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of an audition will not only give you energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Edwards AFB take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are usually very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Edwards AFB, California
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Edwards AFB
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in Edwards AFB are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Edwards AFB reviewed by Rosanna Barbera
Signing Up changed everything!
“After signing up for an account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was auditioning within 1 week!”