Dancing auditions for kids in Elk City are for children that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform challenging routines they watch on the internet and TV? They may have natural talent! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Elk City and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Elk City: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are a couple things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Elk City typically demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research as much details about the audition as possible. These are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Production type (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Elk City will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers increase stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to many different kinds of exercise, not only dancing.
Rest. Resting is a general rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well each night for a week prior to an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before the audition will not only give your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Elk City are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the routine.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Elk City, Oklahoma
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Elk City
We’ve all become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, many dancing auditions for kids in Elk City are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Elk City reviewed by Jeni Nakamoto
I Love this Site!
“Right after opening a new account, I immediately gained access to auditions in the area. Our kid was at auditions within 1 week!”