Dancing auditions for kids in Elmira are designed to find kids who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn difficult routines they like on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Elmira and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Elmira: Preparing
Prior to the audition there are a few things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Elmira typically require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather all the information about the audition you can. Here are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Dress code (leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, play, commercial?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Elmira will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers build stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it is important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not only dance practice.
Rest. Resting is always a good rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well each night the week before an audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition will not only give you energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Elmira take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are typically very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of other people, it’s common to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Elmira, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Elmira
Everyone has become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Elmira are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Elmira reviewed by Shawnda Keltz
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Service!
“After signing up for an account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. My child was at auditions within 3 weeks!”