Dancing auditions for kids in Ewing are for kids that perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complicated dance routines they like on YouTube and TV? They may have natural talent! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Ewing and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Ewing: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are a couple things you can do to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Ewing typically require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather information about the audition. Below are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or leotard)
- Type of production (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Ewing will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers increase their stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it’s important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not just dance.
Rest. Getting rest is always a good rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well every night the week prior to the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition will not only give you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Ewing are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are typically very specific, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Ewing, New Jersey
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Ewing
We’ve all become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Ewing are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Ewing reviewed by Arianna Carvalho
Signing Up changed our lives!
“Right after creating an account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”