Dancing auditions for kids in Fair Oaks are for children who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly learn and perform complex dance routines they like on TV and the internet? They may be a natural! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Fair Oaks and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Fair Oaks: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are a few things you can do to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Fair Oaks usually require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research as much details about the audition you can. Here are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code (leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Fair Oaks could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build their stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it’s important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not only dancing.
Resting. Being rested is generally a good rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well each night the week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of an audition will not only give your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The team holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Fair Oaks are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, there is a tendency to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Fair Oaks, Georgia
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Fair Oaks
Everyone has become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Fair Oaks are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Fair Oaks reviewed by Janella Embrey
Signing Up changed our lives!
“Immediately after opening an account, I instantly had access to dancing auditions nearby. Our kid was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”