Dancing auditions for kids in Fairfield are for children that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly perform and learn complicated dance routines they find on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Fairfield and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Fairfield: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are some steps you can take to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Fairfield typically require dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn information about the audition. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Production type (movie, commercial, or play?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Fairfield could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers build their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it is important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not just dancing.
Rest. Resting is always a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well each night for a week before an audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before an audition will not only give you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The team holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Fairfield take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are typically very specific, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s common to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Fairfield, Alabama
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Fairfield
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Fairfield are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Fairfield reviewed by Brande Zanchez
Registering changed our lives!
“After registering an account, I immediately got access to auditions in our location. My kid was at auditions within 3 weeks!”